Sunday, February 28, 2010

Watercube - Yet Another Top Notch Massage Parlour in Shenzhen

On New Years day, when all the relatives in Hong Kong visited my parents and me they recommended the Watercube (水立方) as the best venue for overnight stay and massage and so when I got to Shenzhen, I walked across the road from the Shenzhen - Hong Kong customs building in Lok Ma Chau (落馬洲) and walked into Watercube

Went through the whole checking in process, all my possessions was stored in a digital locker and the key was in a form of a wrist band with some kind of identification chip. Proceeded to the showers and bath areas. The decor is pretty well done, fancy but nothing about it really stands out compared to it's competitors in the area. Big spacious baths, heated pools, Sauna and Steam rooms, and people with towels who can give you a body scrub after you finished in the Steam or Sauna rooms. I had one of those scrubs before, it's rather interesting due to the heat and the moisture dead skin cells can be easily scrubbed off your body and in such quantities that it's rather scary, but don't feel like one of those this time round.

Once you're done with the baths you move onto another area where there are shorts and a robe for you to change into, you get a choice of normal ones where it's been washed and kept in an disinfectant closest (using heat and UV I was told) or a set of disposable robes that will cost you extra.

Proceeded to the communal area where guests of both sexes congregate. Here you can find big single sofa's that can transform into a flat bed and your own tv attached to it and comes with a remote. A restaurant that caters to almost every Chinese tastes ranging from the most mundane food to lobsters. Internet cafes, pool tables, Table Tennis tables and much more. The sofa can act like a bed, one of the reasons why these places are popular with HK tourists as a overnight spot is due to the comfort and price, these places cost a fraction of a normal hotel and it's comfy.

Naturally this is a massage parlour and so I looked through the choices of services that they offer. I prefer what they called "pushing oil" basically meaning that the massage uses oil as normal massage doesn't. I picked a slightly above average priced service because I see that I get a full 2hours 30min service. I didn't read all the description properly and thought that the entire time was a massage only to find that the first 45mins was some kind of full body scrub with a sand and lemon mixture. After the scrub I went to the showers to wash it off and was pleasantly surprised at how good my skin felt. Oh well...

After the massage I picked a couch that seems to be the most quiet tried to watch some tv but was quickly bored, lowered the backrest until it was basically a flat bed. Asked for a pillow and blankets and went to sleep. Got up an hour later feeling hungry and so ordered a preserved egg and lean meat congee, it was pretty good and went back to sleep

Checked out the next day and the whole thing costed around R300 (HK$280). Costly for the standards in Shenzhen but I thought it was worth the premium - the girl was actually pretty good at massages and hit most of the right places.

No I didn't get a happy ending. Not that kind of place :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. sydney massage therapy