Friday, March 28, 2008

Flight to Brazil and São Paulo

The flight to São Paulo was pretty uncomfortable, the plane is easily the oldest plane I've flown in and there was no leg room considering that my knee caps was right against the seat in front of me, luckily since there was no inflight entertainment I slept through the entire flight.

I sat next to a Brazilian named Rodrigo on the flight, he was in Cape Town to learn English and I later found out that we were hiking up Lions Head at the same time the day before the flight. I got to know a bit about Brazil from Rodrigo and was fairly worried that he found everything in South Africa to be very cheap!

São Paulo was pretty uninteresting as a tourist location, I spent much time going around the Japanese Quarters (São Paulo boasts largest Japanese population out of Japan) and I felt as if I'm in a Asian city again. I spent the night and next morning moved to the São Paulo hostel where I stayed waiting for Justin to arrive from Heathrow. I loved the architecture in São Paulo and took over 100 pictures on my first day.

Prices here are really expensive, thanks again to high taxes and the collapsing Rand exchange rate.

Justin arrived the next day and I was a already tired of the city and as soon as he took a shower and freshened up from 40 hour flight, we went to the bus terminal and left for Rio de Jenairo.

No comments: