Tuesday, November 12, 2013

So I turned the big 30 yesterday

Honestly the only real significance of turning 30 is due to mass media brainwashing - the arbitrary number of revolutions around the sun based on the arbitrary number made significant due to a base 10 numbering system (which in term is not so arbitrarily chosen due to our 10 digits) is just crazy when one thinks about it.

So with that clumsy disclaimer of an opening paragraph I feel somewhat compelled to mark this occasion with some kind of profound reflection, which while this sentence is being structured is highly questionable.

I suppose one would reflect upon the three decade of my existence and while I'm tempted there is a matter of a letter written by the 18 year old me, to my current self with many deep questions. So I think it will be a good start to answer them.

1.) No, I'm not a virgin
2.) No, not married
3.) No children
4.) No, still haven't found the meaning to life
5.) Yes, fallen in love. Twice by my count; but contentious at the best of times
6.) Yes, moved out
7.) Yes, managed to avoid the family business, thus far

While the above 7 question was probably posted in more verbose and (I would like to think) eloquent language for a 18 year old, they are answered.

No comments: