Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

Originally posted: Sunday, 27 May 2007

Another one of those books that I read purely because it’s an old classic that’s very well read and critically acclaimed. It is also the second book that I read because of a rather pretty girl that I’m interested in recommended it. Bad motives I understand, but I definitely prefer this one than the Harry Potter series. Fell asleep numerous times between the first book and the third.

But I truly enjoyed the book, it was pretty much the same as any other romance novel, but written in a refreshingly (for me at least) archaic language; but so elegantly written that I just fall in love with the choice of words than the actual story itself. It was also interesting to see how the English language has evolved. Words used in a different context than what we would use today. The way that words are spelled is also interesting, choose and chuse.

The book has certain magical quality that is truly intangible. The plot is the standard boy meet girl, girl shouldn’t be with boy, but passion is too strong and eventually girl gets with boy. But here is where the magic comes in, every page captivated me. The use of language was beautiful and makes me want to jump for joy and anticipation with every line.

No comments: