Monday, July 25, 2011

Regrets

One of the fun things that you get to do writing a blog like this is to do a bit self reflection by reading the more strongly worded ideas that one wrote in the past.

For the most part 90% of the sentiments made here still hold true and I will stand by them now with one possible addendum in case there are any confusions in my mind and anyone else who eventually reads this blog as a whole:

I have no regrets!

I have complained, cried, screamed, sulked and every other possible negative action during these two years in Johannesburg but it's alright. Compared to the smooth and relatively uneventful life in Cape Town I feel truly alive for the first time for as long as memories can take me back.

"Maybe, I'll get hurt, maybe I won't. But that doesn't concern me right now. I just want to be true to myself"

Every strong emotion that I have experienced is a testament that I'm alive - not only alive but truly living a worthwhile life. The last 2 years will shine like a bonfire that will overshadow everything till this point.

So future me, readers current and future. Judge, criticise and belittle for my hypocrisy, for my idiocy, and my weakness. I will live free, be true to me but I don't want to regret, will have no regrets. Let me burn twice as bright even if I burn for half as long.

I will have no regrets.

No comments: