Wednesday, August 24, 2011

...and I want to

I'm fine alone if I have to...but I don't want to
"Will Never Ever Never Ever Be Lonely" - Zhang Xiao Xian
Nobody likes being along, whenever I was alone by myself I feel depressed, plagued by the thought that maybe I'm unwanted and alone because I have no other choice.

So in recent days I kept myself busy, occupied and permanently surrounded by people and I have grown accustomed to this sort of lifestyle. But, a combination of work and personal matters (all round) exhausted me and for the first time that I can safely recall - I hungered to be left alone to my own devices for a while. At first I worried that maybe this was a bad idea - loneliness can be overwhelming and perhaps it will do me more harm than good.

Much to my surprise it wasn't a problem, I was alone but I wasn't lonely. I chose to be alone and somehow it made it all better. Sure I over-think everything in life as it is evident here on this blog but after being on my own devices for a short while I stop thinking much about anything. I really do believe that maybe choosing to be alone was what made all the difference. I suspect that recently I've kept company that has done me more harm than good just purely to avoid being by myself.

I'm fine alone if I have to... and I want to. At least for now.

2 comments:

Sarai Pahla said...

The beauty of eliminating social contact that you consider merely convenient (or worse - obligatory) is that you end up with a lot more time to do things that will end up making you and your life better in the long run. So here's to you and YOU time :D Enjoy it while it lasts.

DX said...

HAHA, that is true. I'm not sure I will be completely isolated but definitely enjoying a lot more time by myself :P