Saturday, August 27, 2011

Uncontrollabe Rage

Currently I'm feeling this strangely powerful urge to unleash my anger upon a certain someone, I felt like she has made my life into an unbearable misery in the last few weeks; but when I stop to think about it I can't seem to truly isolate a reason for me actually hating her. I mean there were instances where I felt (dare I use the word) violated by her dumb-witted betrayal. But then she isn't the first and I doubt she will be the last.
 
On the other hand she is a sweet thing, clueless bordering on innocent; selfish in ways that only a child could be. I trusted that innocence and lowered my defenses - big mistake. She once describes me as someone who will show weakness when I'm drunk and when I say drunk I meant totally and utterly smashed out of my bracket on scales that has only happened on a number of occasions and so when she revealed so much to others I felt a rage like I have never felt before. Some so trivial but at the same time offers so much insight into my very soul that I felt so naked, so vulnerable and so damn ashamed.

It has been two weeks since and the initial heat has subsided but I can barely see her without reigniting parts of that rage, my default position is then to look within my own psyche to find Freudian reasons for my uncontrollable and unending rage - immediately I tried the polar opposite: I might be madly in love with her without realising it and over time it has warped itself into another form - hate. The idea was quickly dismissed partially because I REALLY don't like that conclusion and partially it was so crazy that I think I'm over-thinking things...again. Am I such a cliche?

No comments: