Thursday, February 27, 2014

Can you please keep a secret...

Neither of us has made the initiative to talk to each other for better part of 2 years, I was both surprised and reluctant when she suddenly initiated a conversation when I went to talk to B

"Can you please keep a secret"

I was intrigued at first and when she told me that she has managed to get her husband into the company; I was shocked. But the coup de grace was that she doesn't want people to know about their relationship.

Damn this is going to be awkward with him being in the office as well.

SERIOUSLY??? You want to keep your marriage to him a secret?
WHY THE FUCK would you want that or need to?
WHY THE FUCK would he agree to that?

Regardless, I smiled agreed to it.

Later she asked if she talk to me in private regarding a matter and I brushed her off saying that I'm too busy and simply carried with my day.

She eventually cornered me on Monday and so with dread in my heart I obliged to hear her out.

First thing she did was produce a box of Lindt Chocolate and then apologised. Funny thing is that I don't actually remember her exact words but I think this is what she said:

Things between us has been awkward and there are no reasons for it. If I managed to hurt or offend you in the past then please be the bigger person and forgive me (Chinese proverb). We were close friends once and I really want us to hang out again and just be friends (The absence of the word "close" friends in that sentence was not duly noted). 

I found her apology to be so disingenuous that it laughable, I told her that no apology was needed and I meant it.


No comments: